Sunday, December 28, 2014

My favorite movie

Breakfast at Tiffany's
(1961)


Hello everyone!
Let me present you my favorite movie of all times: Breakfast at Tiffany's!
I know it's an old movie. But it's definitely on the "Oldies, but Goldies" list.

About the movie


Breakfast at Tiffany's is a 1961 American romantic comedy film starring Audrey Hepburn (as Holly Golightly) and George Peppard (as Paul Varjak), featuring Patricia Neal, Buddy Ebsen, Martin Balsam and Mickey Rooney. The film was directed by Blake Edwards and released by Paramount Pictures. It is loosely based on the novella of the same name by Truman Capote.
Hepburn's portrayal of Holly Golightly as the naive, eccentric cafe society girl is generally considered to be the actress' most memorable and identifiable role.
Breakfast at Tiffany's was received positively at the tame, and was nominated for five "Academy Awards" , "Best Actress" for Hepburn, "Best Adapted Screenplay", and "Best Art Direction", winning two for "Best Original Score" and "Best Original Song" for the famous "Moon River", which was also selected as the 4th most memorable song in Hollywood history.




My opinion about the movie

My favorite scene was actually the end; when Holly tells Paul that she's going to Brazil anyway, and releases the cat from the cab. Then, Paul confronts Holly about his love and her behavior, then leaves the taxi, tossing the ring he had engraved for her into her lap. She quickly runs after him, who has gone looking for the cat in the rain. They find the cat together, and here comes the famous scene when Holly and Paul kiss in the rain. 


(Audrey Hepburn and George Peppard's kiss in the rain, in Breakfast at Tiffany's, 1961)

I'm a huge Breakfast at Tiffany's (and also, Audrey Hepburn) fan, so I got some Breakfast at Tiffany's stuff:


~ these cute little boxes;


~ this shopping list&pen set;


~ this picture;


~ and this adorable mirror.

"I wish I could find a real-life place that'd make me feel like Tiffany's, then - then I'd buy some furniture and give the cat a name !" 



Moon River, wider than a mile...



" There's such a lot of world to see."








Don't forget...
About Audrey Hepburn's cute "sleeping mask" , which she was wearing in the movie:


Well, that's it for now.
But I'll get back soon !
Kisses,
I.



No comments:

Post a Comment